Talent Hack LLC
Last Updated: February 17, 2020
BY USING THE SERVICE OR BY CLICKING “I AGREE” YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS. Talent Hack may change these Terms at any time. We will make reasonable efforts to provide you with prior notice of any material changes to these Terms. Your continued use of the Service after any change to these Terms means that you accept all such changes. You should consult these Terms each time you access the Service to view any changes. These Terms were last modified on the date indicated above.
AS DESCRIBED BELOW, THESE TERMS PROVIDE FOR THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE. YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE BY CONTACTING firstname.lastname@example.org WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER FIRST ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND STATING YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME AND THAT YOU DECLINE THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE.
1. USE OF THE SERVICE.
- Service. The "Service" includes Talent Hack’s website located at https://www.thetalenthack.com (“Site”), as may be updated, relocated, or otherwise modified from time to time, all content and services Talent Hack makes available through the Site, and all intellectual property contained therein. The Service is a career platform for fitness professionals. Any person who accesses or uses the Service, whether on their own behalf or on behalf of any third party, is a “Talent Hack User.”
- License. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Talent Hack hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Service, solely for your personal use and not for resale.
- Deactivation. Talent Hack may, at any time and without notice to you: (1) restrict, deactivate, and/or terminate your access to the Service (or any portion thereof); or (2) terminate or modify the Service (or any portion thereof). Talent Hack will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of or modification to the Service regardless of the reason for such termination or modification. If you are dissatisfied with any termination or modification of the Service, your only right is to stop using the Service.
2. Registration; Eligibility; Restrictions.
- Talent Hack Users. alent Hack might require you to complete a registration process to access certain parts of the Service. You must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete, and accurate information, as prompted by the applicable registration form.
- Accuracy of Information. You acknowledge that if you provide any information to us that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, Talent Hack may terminate these Terms and your continued access and use of the Service.
- Eligibility. You represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age and that you have not been previously suspended or removed from the Service. If you are over 13 but not yet 18, you must have the permission of your parent or guardian to use the Service. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor, you: (1) agree to these Terms; (2) will supervise the minor’s use of the Service; and (3) will indemnify Talent Hack if you or the minor breaches any of these Terms.
- Credentials. As part of the registration process, you will may asked to select a username and/or password or other login credentials. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your login credentials. You agree to notify Talent Hack immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. To notify us, contact us at email@example.com. You are responsible for all use of the Service occurring under your account and all content posted with your account on the Service. You are responsible for keeping your login credentials confidential and for notifying us if your login credentials have been hacked or stolen. Talent Hack will not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your login credentials or account. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Talent Hack or a third party due to someone else using your account or login credentials.
Your Responsibilities. You may use the Service solely for lawful purposes, as intended through the provided functionality of the Service. You may not use the Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Service. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, user accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining, or any other means. Without limiting any of the foregoing, you may not (and you may not allow or assist any third party to):
- use, copy, install, transfer, or distribute the Service, except as specifically described in these Terms;
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Service;
- remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service or in or on any content or other material obtained through the Service or the use of the Service;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- reformat, mirror, or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Service;
- express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent in each instance;
- transmit any software or other materials that contain any virus, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents;
- harvest or collect information about other Talent Hack Users without their prior written consent;
- undertake, cause, permit, or authorize the translation, reverse engineering, disassembling, or hacking of any aspect of the Service, or attempt to do any of the foregoing, except and solely to the extent described in these Terms, the Service’s authorized features, or by law, or otherwise attempt to use or access any portion of the Service other than as intended by Talent Hack;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, Talent Hack’s (and its service providers’) computer systems and infrastructure, or the technical delivery systems of Talent Hack’s service providers;
- harass, abuse, harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person or group, including Talent Hack employees, and other Talent Hack Users;
- solicit, or attempt to solicit, personal information from other Talent Hack Users, except as permitted through the Service’s functionality;
- restrict, discourage, or inhibit any person from using the Service, disclose personal information about a third person on the Service or obtained from the Service without the consent of such person, or collect information about Talent Hack Users;
- gain unauthorized access to the Service, to other Talent Hack Users’ accounts, names, or personally identifiable information, or to other computers or websites connected or linked to the Service;
- violate any applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations;
- use the Service for any illegal, inappropriate, and/or unauthorized conduct, including using the Service to contact other Talent Hack Users for sexual or other inappropriate purposes, or using the Service in violation of Talent Hack’s or any third party's intellectual property or other proprietary or legal rights; or
- use or access the Service to build a competing service.
We may take any legal action and implement any technical remedies to prevent the violation of these provisions and to enforce these Terms.
3. Consent to Electronic Communications.
- Consent to Electronic Communications. By using the Service or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Service or sending an email to you, if we have your email address. You might have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opt Out. If you wish to remove yourself from any list, please email us at email@example.com with "OPT-OUT," "UNSUBSCRIBE," "STOP," or "REMOVE" in the subject line, or click the “unsubscribe” link in an email you have received from us.
4. Content Submitted to the Service.
- Materials. By sending or transmitting to us information, opinions, creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, or other materials (collectively, “Materials”), or by posting such Materials to any area of the Service, you grant Talent Hack and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale, and import such Materials in any media now known or hereafter developed, for the purpose of providing, enhancing, and developing the Service, without compensation to you, and for use in our advertising and marketing materials. You hereby waive any moral rights or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship regarding Materials that you may have under applicable law. None of the Materials will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution, or otherwise, on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Materials. Talent Hack may remove or alter any Materials at any time for any reason. We neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information, or statement made or displayed on the Service by any Talent Hack User. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in articles or postings, for hyperlinks embedded in messages, or for any results obtained from the use of such information. Under no circumstances will Talent Hack or its affiliates, suppliers, or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through the Service. We cannot and do not take responsibility for the veracity, reliability, or completeness of any opinion, advice, information, or statement available on the Service.
- Monitoring. We have the right (but not the obligation) to: (1) monitor the Service and Materials; (2) alter or remove any Materials; and (3) disclose Materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Service, protect ourselves, our sponsors, and our members and visitors, and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests. If you believe any content violates our member policies, please contact Talent Hack immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can consider its editing or removal.
- Rights in Materials. You are solely responsible for your Materials and the consequences of posting them on the Service. By posting Materials, you represent and warrant that: (1) you are the creator and owner of the Materials or otherwise have sufficient rights and authority to grant the rights granted herein; (2) your Materials do not and will not: (a) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; or (b) slander, defame, or libel any other person; (3) your Materials do not contain any viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other harmful or malicious code; and (4) unless you have received prior written authorization, your Materials do not contain any confidential information of any third party. We reserve all rights and remedies against any Talent Hack Users who breach these representations and warranties.
5. Payment Terms and Order Processing.
- Fees. Access to the Service, or certain features of the Service, may require you to pay fees, including one-time fees or fees on a subscription basis, and may provide you the option to activate recurring automatic payments for recurring fees. Before you pay any fees, including before activating or updating any recurring payments, you will have an opportunity to review the fees that you will be charged before you accept them. If you activate or update recurring payments through the Service, you authorize Talent Hack or its third-party service providers to periodically charge, on a going-forward basis and until cancellation, all accrued sums on or before the payment due date for the accrued sums. Recurring subscriptions automatically renew unless they are cancelled via a method described in the Service at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Free Trial. Talent Hack may offer a free trial period during which you can use the Service for a limited period of time. You can manage or cancel the trial subscription through your Apple App Store account or otherwise via any methods described in the Service.
- Payment Processing. Payment processing services for Talent Hack are provided by a third-party payment processor, Stripe Inc. (“Stripe”). Stripe uses your credit card to make payments for the Service. The processing of credit card charges or credits, as applicable, relating to your use of the Service will be subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service (collectively, the “Stripe Services Agreement”). You hereby agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, which may be modified by Stripe from time to time as set forth therein. As a condition of Talent Hack enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide Talent Hack accurate and complete information about you, and you authorize Talent Hack to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Talent Hack.
6. Term and Termination.
- Term. The term of these Terms will commence on the date on which you first access or use the Service in any way and will continue so long as you continue to access or use the Service, unless earlier terminated by Talent Hack.
- Termination and Other Remedies. Talent Hack may take whatever lawful actions it may deem appropriate in response to actual or suspected violations of these Terms including termination of these Terms, the suspension or termination of your access or account, or blocking you from access to the Service.
- Effect of Termination. The following Sections of these Terms will survive termination or expiration of these Terms: 1.A, 1.C, 1.D, 2, 4, 5, 6.C, and 7–28. Payments by you, which accrue or are due before termination or expiration of these Terms, will continue to be payable by you, and amounts owed to Talent Hack at the time of such termination or expiration, will continue to be owed by you after such expiration or termination.
- Proprietary Information. The Service, including any content, modifications, enhancements, and updates, and all intellectual property rights therein (collectively, “Proprietary Information”), is owned by Talent Hack and its licensors, as applicable. The Proprietary Information is licensed, rather than sold, to you pursuant to these Terms. You have no rights in the Proprietary Information, other than the rights and licenses specifically granted to you pursuant to these Terms.
- Trademarks. You acknowledge that Talent Hack has acquired, and is the owner of, common law or registered trademark rights in the name and word mark "Talent Hack" and in the other marks and design marks displayed on the Service. You acknowledge that this name and these marks are famous and internationally known. You will not, at any time or for any reason, challenge the validity of, or Talent Hack’s ownership of, the foregoing name and marks, and you waive any rights you may have at any time to do so. You may not use our name or marks in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. All use of the foregoing name and marks by you will inure exclusively to the benefit of Talent Hack. All marks shown on the Service but not owned by Talent Hack are the property of their respective owners.
8. Claims of Copyright Infringement.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Talent Hack infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Service are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Spoak to locate the material on the Service;
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send Spoak a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see www.copyright.gov for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Service should be sent to email@example.com (attn: Alexandra Bonetti. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
9. Disclaimer of Warranty.
- DISCLAIMER. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH ALL FAULTS, AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF THE INTERNET, THE SERVICE MAY NOT BE ACCESSIBLE WHEN NEEDED, AND THAT INFORMATION, DATA, AUDIO, AND VIDEO TRANSMITTED OVER THE INTERNET MAY BE SUBJECT TO INTERRUPTION OR THIRD-PARTY INTERCEPTION AND MODIFICATION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TALENT HACK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, AND ABSENCE OF VIRUSES AND DAMAGING OR DISABLING CODE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NONE OF TALENT HACK, ITS AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, TALENT HACK’S CONTENT PROVIDERS, AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND/OR CONTRACTORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “TALENT HACK PARTIES”) WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SERVICE. TALENT HACK CANNOT AND DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, OR LIABILITIES ARISING FROM THE FAILURE OF ANY TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE, THE INTERNET, OR FOR YOUR MISUSE OF ANY CONTENT AND INFORMATION ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND YOUR RELIANCE UPON ANY OF THE RESPECTIVE CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- Third-Party Information. You acknowledge that any information you obtain from another Talent Hack User comes from those individuals, and not from Talent Hack, and that Talent Hack, to the fullest extent permitted by law, is not in any way responsible for any of the information these third parties may supply or for any statements, claims, or representations they may make. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Talent Hack disclaims any such statements, claims, or representations and the same do not expand or otherwise modify these Terms. If you are dissatisfied with the Service, your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop accessing and using the Service.
10. Limitation of Liability.
- LIMITATION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (1) EACH TALENT HACK USER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR: (A) HIS OR HER USE OF THE SERVICE; AND (B) ANY DAMAGES INCURRED BY HIM OR HER OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT ARISE FROM OR ARE RELATED TO THE SERVICE; (2) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE TALENT HACK PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES PROVED, AND NOT TO EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT OF FEES PAID BY YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE 12 MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE CLAIM (DETERMINED AS OF THE DATE OF ANY FINAL JUDGMENT IN AN ACTION) OR $100; AND (3) NONE OF THE TALENT HACK PARTIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH TALENT HACK PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION. YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY INVESTIGATED THE ADVISABILITY OF USING THE SERVICE AND THE POSSIBLE RISKS INVOLVED IN USING THE SERVICE. YOU AGREE TO MAINTAIN YOUR OWN INSURANCE COVERING SUCH RISKS AND WILL LOOK SOLELY TO SUCH INSURANCE FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF ANY RESULTING DAMAGES.
11. Third-Party Disputes.
TALENT HACK IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OTHER TALENT HACK USER, CARRIER, SERVICE PROVIDER, OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE, AND ANY DISPUTE YOU HAVE WITH ANY OTHER TALENT HACK USER, CARRIER, SERVICE PROVIDER, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE, OR OTHER THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS DIRECTLY BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH THIRD PARTY, AND YOU IRREVOCABLY RELEASE TALENT HACK (AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, JOINT VENTURERS, AND EMPLOYEES) FROM ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES.
12. Force Majeure.
Any computer system, service, or electronic device, whether it is yours, an internet service provider’s, a mobile network operator’s, or ours, can experience unanticipated outages, slowdowns, or capacity limitations. As a result of high internet traffic volume, transmission problems, systems capacity limitations, and other problems, you may experience difficulty accessing the Service or communicating with us through the internet or other electronic and wireless services. The Service may be unavailable during system maintenance, for security precautions, or when interrupted by circumstances beyond our control. Talent Hack will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation herein if the delay or failure is due to any of the foregoing or for any other unforeseen events that are beyond Talent Hack’s reasonable control, such as strikes, blockade, war, terrorism, riots, natural disasters, epidemic, or governmental action.
- Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you will defend, indemnify, and hold the Talent Hack Parties harmless against any loss or damage of any kind (including attorneys’ fees and lost revenues) arising from: (1) any breaches by you of these Terms or any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in these Terms; (2) any use of the Service not specifically authorized in these Terms or on the Service; and (3) any claims and actions against any Talent Hack Party by other parties to whom you allow access to the Service.
- Procedure. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim. You will not, in any event, settle any such claim or matter without our written consent.
14. Additional Service Features.
- Access to Third-Party Services. The Service may contain information on products and services provided by third parties and links (including advertisements) to third-party websites (collectively, “Third-Party Services”). Third-Party Services are provided only as a convenience to Talent Hack Users. Talent Hack does not review or control Third-Party Services, and Talent Hack does not make any representations or warranties regarding Third-Party Services. Inclusion of any Third-Party Services in the Service does not constitute or imply an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by or with Talent Hack with respect to any Third-Party Services. Talent Hack is under no obligation to maintain any link on the Service and may remove a link at any time in its sole discretion.
15. Dispute Resolution.
Generally. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Talent Hack in the most expedient and cost-effective manner, you and Talent Hack agree that any dispute arising out of or in any way related to these Terms or your use of the Service will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or in any way related to these Terms or your use of the Service, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the expiration or termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND TALENT HACK ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ACTION. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT THESE DISPUTE RESOLUTION TERMS WILL APPLY TO YOU AND TALENT HACK UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO OPT OUT PURSUANT TO SECTION 15.I (OPT OUT).
Whether to agree to arbitration is an important business decision. It is your decision to make, and you should not rely solely on the information provided in these Terms as it is not intended to contain a complete explanation of the consequences of arbitration. You should take further steps to conduct research and to consult with others, including an attorney, regarding the consequences of your decision, just as you would when making any other important business or life decision.
- Exceptions. Despite the provisions of Section 15.A (Generally), nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either party to: (1) bring an individual action in small claims court; (2) bring an action in a court pursuant to the California Private Attorneys General Act of 2004, California Labor Code § 2698 et seq.; (3) seek injunctive relief in a court of law; or (4) file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
- Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Talent Hack will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, and governed by the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting Talent Hack. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
- Notice; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party within the applicable statute of limitations period (“Notice”). Talent Hack’s email address for Notice is firstname.lastname@example.org. The Notice must: (1) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; (2) set forth the specific relief sought; and (3) if you are sending the Notice to Talent Hack, include your name and address (“Demand”). The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 45 days after the Notice is received, you or Talent Hack may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Talent Hack must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If the dispute is finally resolved through arbitration in your favor, Talent Hack will pay you the highest of the following: (a) the amount awarded by the arbitrator, if any; (b) the last written settlement amount offered by Talent Hack in settlement of the dispute prior to the arbitrator’s award; or (c) $1,000.
- Fees; Location. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, Talent Hack will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $15,000 or as set forth below, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in New York, New York, but if the claim is for $15,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (1) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (2) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (3) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse Talent Hack for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
- No Class Actions. YOU AND TALENT HACK AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING (OTHER THAN ACTIONS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA PRIVATE ATTORNEYS GENERAL ACT OF 2004, CALIFORNIA LABOR CODE § 2698 ET SEQ. WHICH ARE NOT COVERED BY THIS SECTION 15 (DISPUTE RESOLUTION)). Unless both you and Talent Hack agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
- Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. If Talent Hack makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to Talent Hack’s address for Notice, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Talent Hack’s address for Notice, in which case this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will continue to govern any disputes between you and Talent Hack. If you do not send such written notice, your continued use of the Service following any such change means that you have consented to such change.
- Enforceability. If Section 15.F (No Class Actions) is found to be unenforceable or if the entirety of this Section 15 (Dispute Resolution) is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 15 (Dispute Resolution) will be null and void and the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 18 (Governing Law; Choice of Forum) will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms or your use of the Service.
- EOpt Out. Arbitration is not a mandatory condition of these Terms. If you do not want to be subject to this Section 15 (Dispute Resolution), you may opt out of this Section 15 (Dispute Resolution) by notifying Talent Hack in writing of your decision by sending, within 30 days of the date you receive these Terms, an electronic message to email@example.com, stating clearly your full name, address, and intent to opt out of this Section 15 (Dispute Resolution). Should you choose not to opt out of this Section 15 (Dispute Resolution) within the 30-day period, you and Talent Hack will be bound by the terms of this Section 15 (Dispute Resolution). You have the right to consult with counsel of your choice concerning this Section 15 (Dispute Resolution). You understand that you will not be subject to retaliation if you exercise your right to opt out of coverage under this Section 15 (Dispute Resolution).
16. Cooperation with Authorities.
17. Protected Activity Not Prohibited.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, nothing in these Terms will in any way limit or prohibit you from filing a charge or complaint with, or otherwise communicating or cooperating with or participating in, any investigation or proceeding (“Protected Activity”) that may be conducted by any federal, state, or local government agency or commission (“Government Agencies”). In connection with such Protected Activity, you are permitted to disclose documents or other information as permitted by law, and without giving notice to, or receiving authorization from, Talent Hack. In making any such disclosures or communications, you agree to take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized use or disclosure of any information that may constitute Talent Hack confidential information to any parties other than the Government Agencies.
18. Governing Law; Choice of Forum.
The laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern these Terms and your use of the Service. Your use of the Service may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms. To the extent that any action relating to any dispute hereunder is permitted to be brought in a court of law, such action will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York, New York and you hereby irrevocably submit to personal jurisdiction in such courts, and waive any defense of inconvenient forum.
If you provide any feedback to Talent Hack concerning the functionality and performance of the Service (including identifying potential errors and improvements), you hereby assign to Talent Hack all right, title, and interest in and to such feedback, and Talent Hack is free to use such feedback without payment or restriction.
20. Entire Agreement; Variation.
If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such provisions will be modified, or if not possible, severed, to reflect the fullest valid, legal, and enforceable expression of the intent of the parties, and the remainder of these Terms will not be affected thereby.
22. Relationship of Parties.
Nothing in these Terms will be deemed to create an employer-employee relationship between Talent Hack and you, nor any agency, joint venture, or partnership relationship between the parties. Neither party will have the right to bind the other to any obligation, nor have the right to incur any liability on behalf of the other.
No delay, omission, or failure to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms will be deemed to be a waiver thereof or an acquiescence to the event giving rise to such right or remedy, or a waiver of or acquiescence to any other right, remedy, or event.
Neither these Terms nor any of the rights granted to you herein may be assigned or transferred by you, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, without the express prior written permission of Talent Hack and any attempt to do so will be null and void. Talent Hack may assign or transfer these Terms at any time without your permission.
25. Third-Party Beneficiaries.
There are no intended third-party beneficiaries of these Terms.
If Talent Hack provides a translation of the English language version of these Terms, the translation is provided solely for convenience, and the English version will prevail. Any heading, caption, or section title contained in these Terms is for convenience only, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision. Any use of the term “including” or variations thereof in this Agreement shall be construed as if followed by the phrase “without limitation.”
27. NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA USERS.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, Talent Hack Users located in California are entitled to the following notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
28. Contact Us.
If you have any questions about these Terms or otherwise need to contact us for any reason, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.